FWS believes it has a corporate responsibility to give back appropriately to the communities in which it operates. This can take many forms, from the employment that is created – to the many employee focused and/or charitable causes that are happily supported. Our ability to do this is a direct function of our success and our ongoing commitment to the communities in which we work and play.
FWS’ charitable giving budget is reviewed annually and has grown proportionately with success achieved. We donate to organizations that tend to be where our branch offices are located, however also invest in other initiatives and organization that benefit all communities through the services they provide.
As do others, FWS believes it has a social responsibility to provide needed support when natural disasters occur. Unfortunately, these occur all too frequently, but and we are happy to step up when necessary. Equally important, however, are the ongoing causes that exist daily in our communities. FWS supports many causes and our employees are encouraged to participate in the “Spirit of Giving” by having their own charitable donations matched by FWS up to a predetermined level.
ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE RECEIVED SUPPORT IN THE PAST INCLUDE:
- Canadian Red Cross National – Assorted Disaster Relief Funds
- St. Amant Foundation
- United Way (Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary)
- University of Manitoba, Education – Allison Filmon-Carvey Scholarship Fund
- Agape Table Inc.
- ALS Society of Manitoba
- Alzheimer Society of Manitoba
- Calgary Christmas Hamper Program
- CancerCare Manitoba
- Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Children’s Wish Foundation
- Christmas Cheer Board
- Fort Whyte Alive
- Habitat for Humanity Manitoba
- KidSport Canada (Calgary & Winnipeg)
- Movember Canada
- Reh-Fit Centre
(Manitoba Cardiac Institute Foundation Inc.)
- Ronald McDonald House
(Winnipeg, Toronto & Calgary)
- Rossbrook House
- St. Boniface Hospital Research Foundation
- Siloam Mission
- University of Manitoba Business School Foundation Inc.
- University of Manitoba
“The Friends of Engineering”
- Winnipeg Harvest
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation
- YES! Winnipeg
Before a donation is made, the charity/organization generally needs to be aligned with our mandate, which focuses heavily on kids, health and the community. If you think your organization/charity may fit our mandate, please contact Lisa Hughes at Lhughes@FWSgroup.com and our donations committee will consider adding it to our list.