In recent years, the FWS donations committee has been tasked with donating substantial amounts to deserving charitable causes, which is a direct function of our success and ongoing commitment to the communities in which we work and play. This past year, our budget rose again as we happily donated to organizations that are, for the most part, in Winnipeg, Calgary, and Vancouver where our branch offices are located. Additionally, FWS will invest in other initiatives and organization that benefit the community through the services they provide.
Organizations receiving donations in the $5000+ range were:
- Canadian Red Cross National – Alberta Flood
- Canadian Red Cross National – Haiyan Typhoon
- Hockey Education Reaching Out Society (H.E.R.O.S)
- St. Amant Foundation
- St. Paul’s High School
- United Way (Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary)
- University of Manitoba, Education – Allison Filmon-Carvey Scholarship Fund
Organizations receiving donations in the $1000 – $5000 range were:
- 99.1 FM CBC Radio One
- 92 CITIFM Bed In for Kids
- Agape Table Inc.
- ALS Society of Manitoba
- Alzheimer Society of Manitoba
- Calgary Christmas Hamper Program
- CancerCare Manitoba
- Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Children’s Wish Foundation
- Christmas Cheer Board
- Fort Whyte Alive
- Habitat for Humanity Manitoba
- KidSport Canada (Calgary & Winnipeg)
- Movember Canada
- Reh-Fit Centre
(Manitoba Cardiac Institute Foundation Inc.)
- Ronald McDonald House
(Winnipeg, Toronto & Calgary)
- Rossbrook House
- St. Boniface Hospital Research Foundation
- St Paul’s 20th Annual Tribute dinner
- Siloam Mission
- Sun West School Division #207
- University of Manitoba Business School Foundation Inc.
- University of Manitoba
“The Friends of Engineering”
- Winnipeg Harvest
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation
- McDougall United Church, Calgary
As well, there are numerous organizations, that receive donations under the $1000 level.
Before a donation is made, the charity needs to be aligned with our mandate, which focuses heavily on KIDS, and HEALTH. If you think your organization/charity may fit our mandate, please contact Donna Liebrecht at Dliebrecht@FWSgroup.com and our donations committee will consider adding it to our list. Our employees are also encouraged to participate in the “Spirit of Giving”, as those who choose to donate to a charity of their choice, can have their contribution matched by FWS.
FWS is a long time supporter of the University of Manitoba. We have benefited from the U of M by hiring many of its graduates over the years. FWS has contributed meaningful sums to the U of M Capital Fund that supports significant capital improvements to the building on campus. FWS also provides annual support through its membership in The Associates, which directly benefits the Asper School of Business. In 2014, the new Friends of Engineering was established at the University and FWS is a founding member. We believe that a healthy U of M is essential for a healthy community in Manitoba.
We are very pleased to advise that FWS Group of Companies has supported Yes! Winnipeg as a founding and Lead Level Investor. Yes! Winnipeg is a private sector based business development team whose mission is to help attract new businesses to Winnipeg while also assisting existing business with expansion opportunities. www.yeswinnipeg.ca.